Temporary Passport

Temporary Passport:

If the valid period of a passport of a Nepalese passport holder residing abroad has been expired, lost or destroyed or became useless because of being rag and he/she has submitted an application to make a new passport then a provisional passport may be issued to him/her till the machine readable passport has been issued. Also the Embassy issues temporary passport for newborn, who is child of Nepali father or Nepali legal guardian.  

Required Documents:

Duly filled in application form (one copy)


Original citizenship and its copy and copy of old passport (applicant must submit original passport if it has been damaged)


If the applicant is newborn, Minor Identity Certificate issued by the concerned District Administration Office, together with citizenship certificate of both parents or father or legal guardian, and Marriage Registration Certificate


Three copies of MRP size photo


Police report (in case of lost)


Fee: 150 RMB


Download application form