Name and Address: Leela Mani Paudyal;Baletaksar -5, Gulmi, Nepal
Date of Birth: 12 May 1962
Current Address: Embassy of Nepal, Beijing, China
Academic Qualification: Master’s in Business Administration from Tribhuwan University in 1989 with First Division
Present Involvement: Ambassador of Nepal to People’s Republic of China –Nov 16, 2016 onwards
- Social Campaigner: Retired on August, 2015 from Chief Secretary of the government of Nepal & involved in social/anticorruption campaigns such as Bagmati Cleanup volunteer campaign; campaigns against evasion of taxes, misuse of public property and corruptions in development projects. Conducted a discourse, to college students, on “social transformation through positive thinking” since last four years and column writer in “Nepal” magazine.
- Chief Secretary, Government of Nepal: August 7, 2012-August 6, 2015: Major responsibilities were: to perform as the cabinet Sect., Sect of Constitutional Council & Sect of Special Committee on Integration of Maoist Combatants. Also performed as Sect of Political & administrative committee of the cabinet. Lead 15 different high level government committees as provided in various laws and supervision & evaluation of Sr. civil servants
- Secretary, Office of Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Government of Nepal, (March 30, 2009-May 2011 & Sept 2011-August, 1012): Established Hello Sarkar Unit: A most popular grievance handling mechanism in Prime Minister office & introduced many other reforms.
- Sect. Ministry of Home (May 2011-Sept 2011); Sect. of Ministry of Information & Communication (Nov 1, 2008- March 29,2009) & Sect. Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation (Nov 2007- Oct 31, 2008)
- Consular General for Tibet Autonomous Region of China (Nov 2003- July 2007)
- Chronicles of Past Experiences: Worked: (a) Joint Secretary (JS) in the Ministry of Industry Commerce and Supplies, May- Oct, 2003; (b) Director General of the Department of Cottage and Small Industries from Sept 2000 to May 2003; (c) JS in The Ministry of Commerce, Feb. 1998 to Sept 2000 and (d) Under Secretary, Ministry of Local Development from Aug 1996 to Febr 1998. Additional Responsibilities: Chairperson of Hetaunda Cement Factory- Government owned cement mill-(Sept 2002-May 2003); Liquidator of government Owned Hetaunda Textile Mill 2002-2003; Chairperson and Board Member of Cottage and Small Industry Development Board, 2000-2003; Chairperson of, a government owned Lumbini Sugar Mill Ltd ( Sept 2002 –Oct 2003); National Program Director of Micro Enterprise Development Program- a UNDP funded Poverty alleviation Program, 2002-2003 and Convener/ Team Leader of more than two dozens of Task forces, committees and teams formed by the government of Nepal.
Other Professional Involvements:
Part time Lecturer of Managerial Finance for Bachelor in Business Studies/ Administration in The Tribhuban University and Kathmandu University affiliated colleges (1997-2003).
Delegation head- SAARC Cabinet Secretaries meetings, Bangladesh, 2014 & Pakistan 2015; UN Parties of Convention Against Corruption in Nov 2012 Austria, Vienna on global investment meeting, May 2012; to Indonesia on Asia pacific conference on disaster management, Aug 2011; to Thimpu, SAARC Home Ministerial meeting, August 2011; to Korea,2009; to Philippines on anti-corruption in 2010; to China in 2008, invited by the Ministry of Culture of China; to Australia and Berlin on Tourism in 2008; to India for Negotiation on Bilateral Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement;
Entourage member of high Level delegation to Japan led by Prime Minister of Nepal 1999; to China led by Dy Prime Minister, by Minister for Finance and by Secretary of Foreign Affairs respectively from 1999 to 2007; to USA and Canada Led by the Secretary of Industry, Commerce and Supplies; to European Union by Special Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; to UN Conference on Sustainable Development Rio De Genero, June 2012 led by Prime Minister; to Maxico and South Africa respectively in COP 17 and COP 18 on 2011 and 2012 and to UN General Assembly 2009 led by Prime Minister
Led number delegations to WHO, European Union, BIMST-EC, UNESCAP, SAARC representing the government of Nepal in other dozens of International meetings, seminar and symposium.
Research, Publications and Studies:
Internal Auditing Theory and Practices in the Nepalese Perspective, (A reference book for bachelor’s level in Commerce), Involved in research works as co- researchers in Educate, Trade, Community Development, Financial Management and Personal Management .
Social Service, Traveling, Yoga, Meditation
Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Belgium, Bhutan, Canada, China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mexico, The Netherlands, Pakistan, The Philippines, South Africa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam.